There are literally thousands of investors who are eager to provide businesses with funding but finding the right type of investor or lender needs careful thought and planning. Over the years, JPF Ventures has raised literally millions of dollars for startup and early-stage businesses.
We fully understand the various fundraising options available to businesses. Take advantage of our years of experience. We can help you too.
The internet is the go-to place for fundraising today. Crowdfunding sites have become increasingly popular with inventors and entrepreneurs. The vast selection of social media opportunities that can reach investors is exciting and has been proven to be a way to promote your company and attract investors. JPF Ventures can help you set up your crowdfunding campaign and communicate your passion to investors. Many early-stage companies have used Crowdfunding to find money for their business.
2. Angel Investors
Angel investors are high-net-worth individuals who like to invest in early stage and mid stage ideas. They provide capital in exchange for convertible debt or ownership equity. Many of the major companies today, like Google and Yahoo, were funded by “angels.” JPF Ventures has many years of experience in creating fundraising campaigns targeting angel investors. It takes time and patience and there are legal ramifications and securities rules to think about. But pitching angel investors with your business idea is much easier way to raise money for early-stage companies. For example, you may know several people – including family and friends – who understand you and your business. These are the first people to contact in a fundraising campaign.
3. Venture Capitalists
Like angel investors, venture capitalists provide capital to start-ups, early-stage, and emerging companies that show high growth potential. The difference is that they are more challenging to work with and usually demand higher rates of return as well as requiring a sizable share of your company.
4. Small Business Administration (SBA)
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is an independent agency of the United States government that provides support to entrepreneurs and small businesses. SBA loans are made through banks, credit unions and other lenders who partner with the SBA. The SBA provides a government-backed guarantee on part of the loan. JPF Ventures has direct experience of applying for, and receiving, SBA loans. It is usually a long, involved process but the success rate of receiving funding is quite high.
Some Points to Remember
- No matter what type of fundraising you do, always make sure you do plenty of due diligence. Do the research on the type if investors you are talking with. This is especially important with all lenders, venture capitalists, or angel investors.
- Ensure that bookkeeping is organized – Always make sure your books and records are up to date regardless of if you are a small or large business. The first thing financial lenders or investors look at is how a company is managed and if accounting systems are in place. Today, it is very easy to keep your records up to date with a multitude of software programs available to help you. JPF Ventures keeps accounting records and acts as a ‘bookkeeper’ for several young companies. We manage payroll, paying accounts, updating corporate records and managing secretarial tasks such as letter writing or responding to inquiries.
- Fine-tune your business pitch – An important part of starting your business and talking with investors is to refine your value proposition in your business pitch. Investors want to know your impact and how their money will help you achieve it. Make sure to showcase the things that make your business unique.
- Use creativity for fundraising – Get imaginative with your fundraising efforts. It’s about much more than purely asking for money. Getting creative with investors can inspire them to give more money. Social media, a professional slide deck, an eye-catching website – all these things will help you add distinctive and fresh features to a long list of well-known fundraising ideas, as well as help catch the attention of investors. JPF Ventures has developed fundraising campaigns with a modern approach including producing and directing corporate videos, designing a website and pitch decks, creating and managing mailing campaigns including newsletters and shareholder updates, and arranging corporate events.
- Partner with someone who has done this before – JPF Venture Group has many connections with investors and lending institutions in the US and international markets. We also have strong relationships and hands-on successful experience with funding sources (low-cost loans and grants) with both Federal and State sources.
We do the groundwork, so you don’t have to. We review and analyze your business and identify the right lender who would be a ‘fit’ for you, your business or property investment. We help simplify the application, approval, and underwriting fundraising procedure so you get your loan or investment capital quickly.
There are a multitude of funding opportunities available for your business. But developing the right type of fundraising campaign for your company or commercial investment is time-consuming.
JPF Ventures has been in business for more than a decade, and its team members have hands-on successful experience of starting, managing and exiting several successful businesses of their own.
Over the years we have raised literally millions of dollars for companies in a combination of equity and debt.
Use our years of successful experience to help your business!
JPF Ventures has been around the block and understands the unique challenges business owners face. We can do the heavy lifting leaving you to focus on your business.
Let us help you develop the fundraising strategy that’s right for your business.